- This event has passed.
Protest The Militarization of Space and Darth Trump’s Space Force. Protest Continues @The World’s Largest War Profiteer. ‘Reach-Out’ for Peace.
October 12, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
October 5-12, 2019
Keep Space for Peace Week: International Week of Protest to Stop the Militarization of Space
Protest of The Militarization of Space and “Darth Trump’s Space Force”.
Protest and ‘Reach-Out’ for Peace Continues @The world’s Largest War Profiteer and Space War contractor, Lockheed Martin.
King of Prussia, PA, Saturday, October 12, Noon – 2p.m., Lockheed Martin, 230 Mall Boulevard (immediately behind the King of Prussia Mall at Mall and Goddard Blvds.)
From Drone Warfare to Nuclear War Threat and Trump’s ‘STAR FORCE’, Stop Lockheed Martin!
Make it loud. Sights n’ Sounds with banners, signs and Darth Vader masks, drums, whistles, signs, and more.
Laugh your way to Lockheed Martin on October 12.
October 5-12, 2019 Keep Space for Peace Week
International Week of Protest to Stop the Militarization of Space
List of protests around the world
* King of Prussia, PA – Lockheed Martin, see above
- Bath Iron Works, Maine (Oct 5) Vigil across from administration building on Washington Street (Navy Aegis destroyers outfitted with “missile defense” systems built at BIW) 11:30-12:30 am Smilin’ Trees Disarmament Farm (207) 763-4062
- Blantyre, Malawi, Southern Africa (Oct 10) People’s Federation for National Peace & Development will organize a peace workshop. email@example.com
- Bombay, India (Oct 5-12) Leo Rebello has committed to Lecture in Colleges, Schools, NGOs on topics listed above. He has also put the space week notification on Facebook Groups, Twitter etc. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Creech Air Force Base, Indian Springs, Nevada (Sept 29-Oct 5) 10 YEARS of DRONE RESISTANCE at Creech. Drone resistance mass mobilization. The U.S. Racist Drone Wars continue to expand around the globe, terrorizing and murdering the most vulnerable and poorest of communities, violating the national sovereignty of people and threatening us all into a much higher chance for an all-out nuclear confrontation. These are covert wars. Much is censored and hidden from the public, but it doesn’t mean it isn’t happening! Contact: Toby Blomé: email@example.com or Eleanor Levine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- USAF Croughton, England (Oct 5) USAF Croughton is about to undergo one of the biggest redevelopments since it was constructed by the USAF almost 70 years ago. The new ‘Joint Intelligence Analysis Complex’ will put the site at the heart of a web of military and intelligence networks stretching from the USA to Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. March & rally at main gate from 12-4 pm. Oxfordshire Peace Campaign, email@example.com
- Harrogate, England (Oct 12) Public meeting with speakers & refreshments organised by Menwith Hill Accountability Campaign & Yorkshire CND. Dave Webb (as Global Network convenor) will speak on how Menwith NSA/NRO spy base fits in the US global military spread and the idea of a space force. At 7:00 pm, Harrogate Friends Meeting House, 12a Queen Parade, (wheelchair access and hearing loop). Contact for enquiries 01765 600928 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathmandu, Nepal (Oct 16-17) Global Network Coordinator Bruce Gagnon will speak on space issues at various colleges across Kathmandu. For details email@example.com
- Leicester, England (Oct 6) Weaving Hope for the Future. With major threats to our planet we will be finding hope through dance, poetry and storytelling. Castle Gardens Maypole from 2-4 pm. Leicester CND. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limerick, Ireland (Oct 5-6) World BEYOND War’s fourth annual global conference on the abolition of war will be held on October 5th and 6th and include a rally on the 6th at Shannon Airport, where U.S. military forces
- routinely pass through in violation of Irish neutrality and of laws against war. https://worldbeyondwar.org
- Menwith Hill, England (Oct 8) Keep Space for Peace demonstration at 6:00 – 7:30 pm at the Main gates of U.S. NSA/NRO spy base Menwith Hill, HG3 2SW, speakers to be confirmed. email@example.com
- Milan, Italy (Oct 3) Public debate entitled US/NATO Bases: Defense or Danger. Organized by CNGNN Italy. Jtmv812@gmail.com
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Oct 12) Peace Action will hold an event. Details TBD. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toronto, Canada (Oct 9) Vigil, outside the NATO Association of Canada office, 48 Yonge Street, from 12-1pm. Organized by the Canadian Voice of Women for Peace. email@example.com
- Tucson, Arizona (Oct 10) Peace vigil at Davis-Monthan AFB at 7:00 – 8:00 a.m. Air National Guard troops at Davis-Monthan are remotely piloting UAV’s (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) that are firing guided bombs and missiles and killing more civilians than targeted “terrorists” in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan and possibly more sovereign nations. A-10 warplanes that train out of Davis-Monthan are responsible for the vast majority of radioactive ammunition – estimated at well over 400 tons – used in Iraq since 1991. Signs provided, or bring your own! More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visakhapatnam, India (Oct 12-13) International Conference on Super Powers’ Dominion in Outer Space & Global Sustainable Development. Co-Sponsored by Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University and the Global Network. Speakers will include Professor Peter Kuznick, Subrata Ghoshroy from MIT, Lindis Percy from UK, Professor Aruna Kammila and Bruce Gagnon. People of our planet must consider the question of the kind of seed one carries from earth into the heavens. The essential objective of this Conference is to give a stage to exhibit emerging issues and challenges in outer space, including legal, political, economic as well as scientific in order to ensure peace and security in the international sphere with concern to outer space. For details email@example.com
- White House, Washington DC (Oct 11) Rage Against the War Machine. Starting at the White House and march to the Pentagon. The nuclear clock is at two minutes to midnight – we must unite for peace and against the war machine. A Conference, the Anti-Imperialist Revolution Summit, will be held the next day on Oct 12. For more info https://marchonpentagon.com/2019-march
- Washington DC (Oct 7) The Pentagon: Tuesday at 7-8 AM. Will Hold Keep Space for Peace and No Weapons in Space signs at weekly Dorothy Day Catholic Worker Peace Vigil. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Washington DC (Oct 11) The White House: Friday at 12 Noon –1:00 PM. Will Hold Keep Space for Peace and No Weapons in Space signs at weekly Dorothy Day Catholic Worker Peace Vigil. email@example.com
Space Week Co-Sponsors:
- March on the Pentagon: Rage Against the War Machine
- No to War – No to NATO
- US Peace Council
- Veterans For Peace
- Women’s International League for Peace & Freedom
Space Week poster
Space Week promo video by Will Griffin (Please share)
‘Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth.’
~ Henry David Thoreau