Join the campaign to stop the drone war command center in Horsham which is due to be fully operation this year, 2015. Make an appeal to computer drone war operators or prospective operators whose hands are on the “killing sticks” at the Horsham command center: JUST WALK AWAY; End the Violence.
The drone war command center in Horsham is operational. The campaign to stop the drone command center will, as part of the demonstrations in the coming months, be making direct and open public appeal to drone operators to take their hands from the computer ‘killing sticks’, to listen to their consciences, and to consider their responsibility for stopping the killing and establishing peace. Therein lies hope!
We all share a responsibility to stop drone warfare and spying, to stop the wars, violence, and poverty, that grip our world, to stop the corporations that build the missiles, bombs, and drones, and profit from the world’s suffering. Stop the drone war command center in Horsham, PA.
Peace will happen when people make it so.We thank and join with our sisters and brothers at Veterans for Peace, Code Pink, Catholic Workers, KnowDrones, all our campaign’s endorsing groups, and resisters at other domestic drone related bases around the country in our appeal to drone operators.
Veterans for Peace have appealed to drone operators earlier at the Creech Air Force drone command base in Nevada, as part of an act of nonviolent civil resistance.
We make the same appeal here in Horsham at the drone war command center.
To assist in the unity of demonstration participants, and to project justice, our humanity, and moral message:
1. We will not carry weapons.
2. We will not vandalize or destroy property.
3. We will not use or carry alcohol or illegal drugs.
4. We will not run or make threatening motions.
5. We will not insult, swear at, or attack anyone, refraining, in the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., from “the violence of fist, tongue, or heart.”
6. We will not assault, verbally or physically, those who oppose or disagree with us.
7. Our attitude, conveyed through our words, symbols and actions, will be one of peace, openness, and respect toward everyone.
8. We will remain focused on the message of the demonstration, cooperate with the planning of the demonstration, and help maintain its nonviolent discipline.
9. If an individual has a serious disagreement with the organizers of the action that cannot be resolved, the individual will withdraw from the action.
10. We will maintain — in word and deed — our nonviolent resolve for peace and justice.
‘Meet the Reaper’, the MQ-9 Reaper DroneUnmanned, remote-controlled, 66 foot wingspan, 4,900 lbs., 230 mph cruise speed, 1,150-mile range, 50,000 max. altitude, $53.5 million (FY 2006 dollars)=cost of four aircraft with sensors, (not counting weaponry and remote-control technology)